Saturday 4 November 2017

My first impressions once in Japan

First off all, I want to thank Abe initiative to give me an opportunity to study in japan with a scholarship. Although I want thank Nagasaki university staff particularly to my sensei for accepting me as a student in water treatment engineering. To be honest one week before coming to japan I was thinking all the time about my future integration once in japan. I never hope that it will be easy like presently. When I arrived in Narita airport my first impression was the organization within the staff work; no losing time during paper check. Once in Tokyo I felt my fear disappearing because of the smiles shown by people. My first hanging out in Tokyo streets was successful. I remembered that when I was lost in the streets but fortunately an old person helped me to find my hotel with kindness. Since this day I have felt integrated. After that it was about how food change will affect me?
My first eaten food was chicken and rice “tori niku gohan”. I liked it so much. In Tokyo I had already planned my first place to visit once in Nagasaki will be Bomb Atomic Museum. I went there during my first day here. I was so sad this day. Indeed, what impressed me was how a city which was victim of Atom bomb dropping has succeeded to reconstruct itself. Its amazing the speed with which its done. After visiting the museum, I went in some place like the mountain and the sea.

In the university my first days were good. I was in the welcome party. I met Japanese and foreign students and made many friends. So, for the lectures until today I feel good, I am getting the professors explanations. Finally, I want to whish for all the students to enjoy well Nagasaki.
Author: Sidy Ka
 The photo with the two Africans was taken on the high mountain in Kyushu

The photo was taken in the Bomb Atomic Museum

The photo with Vietnamese students was taken in the barbecue party organized by Itayama sensei